Vishwakarma University (Pune) has adopted five villages under the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan program – Sambrewadi, Bhadalwadi, Thoptewadi (Ghera), Thoptewadi (Purva) and Mordari. The university conducted three Gram Sabhas in the adopted villages. A survey was carried out by Unnat Bharat Abhiyan faculty and the students of Vishwakarma University in the adopted villages, near Khadakwasla Dam, surroundings of Sinhagad Fort (Pune, Maharashtra).
In the survey, the students and faculty found that –
- The villagers face various medical issues due to the unavailability of pure drinking water.
- They have to travel long distances to get good quality water.
- Medical facilities are also situated far away from their houses.
The Unnat Bharat Abhiyan team at Vishwakarma University provided pure drinking water to the villagers by setting up a Water Quality Centre in association with the Wilo Foundation Germany with a mobilized fund of ₹12,00,000.
- Pure drinking water now available to villagers
- Villagers save money by less spending on medicines.